Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
Relation between virus C and coronary artery disease (Tanta University)
Egypt (IFMSA-Egypt) - Tanta University, Tanta
Dr. Raghda Ghonimy
Dr. Raghda Ghonimy
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project without Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
Recently, the prevalence of virus C has been widely spreading in Egypt as well as the incidence of the coronary heart disease specially in young children. The wild spread of both diseases has started the spark to start a new research project finding whether there is a relationship between the two diseases or not. The definitive data suggesting the assosciation between Virus C and coronary heart disease are still lacking worldwild but the project tries to reach a result concerning this topic.
What is the aim of the project?
To find if there is a relation between Virus C and coronary heart diseases
What techniques and methods are used?
Patients presented with coronary artery disease will be examined by echocardiograhy or angiograhy Lab research will be made to patients with coronary artery disease If a relation is to be found, a theory about the cause of the relation is to be put
What is the role of the student?
- The student will mainly observe
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
1. History taking of the patients with coronary artery disease 2. Clinical examination of the patients presenting to the coronary care unit in the department 3. A lab culture will be made and its results will be collected by the student 4. Collecting the results of the performed culture of the patients then relating them to the coronary artery disease findings of either the echcardiograhy or angiograhy 5. Analysing the collected data and writing a report to explain the relation between virus C and coronary artery disease
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
Yes, the tutor will give general details on the project itself at the start of the exchange period and how the project shall go. Individual sessions will be conducted daily explaining the cases of each day.
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a scientific report
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
The student should read abbout the basics of the coronary artery diseases and virus C.
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students - Graduated students (less than 6 months)
- "Coronary heart disease – causes; symptoms; prevention". Southern Cross Healthcare Group. Archived from the original on 3 March 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2013
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency