Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
Cardiac Disease Evaluation in Joinville Southern of Brazil at Hospital Regional Hans Dieter Schmidt
Universidade da Regiao de Joinville (UNIVILLE)
Postgraduate Program in Health and Environment Molecular Biology Laboratory, Medicine Dept. Paulo Malschitzki Street, 10 – Industrial Zone, Zip Code 89219-710, Joinville SC Brazil
Conrado Hoffmann Filho, MD
Conrado Hoffmann Filho, MD
English and Portuguese
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project without Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
The project views the evaluation of patients with cardiac disease at the regional hospital of Joinville, Southern of Brazil. The other professional involved is cardiology doctor. Aspects evaluated will be the risks, biochemistry of the disease process, treatment, progress, even the prognosis of each case. The research will focus in the ambulatory attention to cardiopathic patients by physical evaluation, anamnesis, data analysis, echo Doppler, biochemistry exams, and ECG. Also, case discussions will be done with resident doctors.
What is the aim of the project?
Follow the ambulatory routine of cardiopathic patients and from the data collected and analysis, make improvements in their treatment reducing mortality
What techniques and methods are used?
Patient evaluation through anamnesis and physical exam, anamnesis, collect data from the previous procedures, follow and assist doctors to perform and electrocardiogram, echo Doppler, electrocardiogram exams. All the procedures will be followed with resident doctors of the cardiology service. After collecting data, the information will be organized in Microsoft Excel tables and crossed with other studies information to evaluate the best course of treatment to be implemented.
What is the role of the student?
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
The exchange students role in this research project will be, mainly, follow the cardiology resident doctors, participating of the cases discussions. Also, integrating the data evaluation team. Acting under the supervision of this doctors, they will have the function of accompany the ambulatory of cardiopathic patients in the method of physical evaluation, anamnesis, data, ECG, Echo Doppler and biochemistry exams.
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a poster
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
Being passed the 4th semester of medical school; English knowledge. Subjects passed: Biochemistry
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students
- VILLAFAÑE; VIRGINIA E. ; CABRERIZO; MARCO J. ; ERZINGER; GILMAR S. ; BERMEJO; PAULA ; STRAUCH; SEBASTIAN M. ; VALIÑAS; MACARENA S. ; HELBLING; E. WALTER . Photosynthesis and Growth of Temperate and Sub-Tropical Estuarine Phytoplankton in a Scenario of Nutrient Enrichment under Solar Ultraviolet Radiation Exposure. Estuaries and Coasts ; v. 40; p. 842-855; 2017.
- Pinto; L.H. ; BIFF; H. ; SOARES; J. C. ; Sierth;R ; ERZINGER; GILMAR S . Estudo do pontencial ecotoxicológico de insulinas e análogos de insulinas; utilizando algas do gênero euglena gracilis para biotestes de toxicidade aquática.. Brazilian Journal Of Aquatic Science And Technology ; v. 20; p. 51-57; 2017.
- Pinto; L.H. ; STEINBACH; H. ; KRUGER; V. M. ; SCHULTER; L. ; Sierth;R ; Ciampo; L.F. ; ERZINGER; G. S. . AVALIAÇÃO DO RISCO DE POTENCIAL ECOTOXICOLÓGICO DE RESÍDUOS DE 17β ESTRADIOL OBTIDOS PÓS-PROCESSO OXIDATIVO A BASE DE PERÓXIDO DE HIDROGÊNIO DESTINADOS A REMOÇÃO DESTE HORMÔNIO. Revista de Ciências Farmacêuticas Básica e Aplicada ; v. 35; p. 435-442; 2015.
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency