Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
Last aid (international project) - raising awareness about palliative care in general population
Slovenia (SloMSIC) - University of Maribor, Maribor
Department of Family Medicine and Institute for Palliative Medicine
Prof.dr.Zalika Klemenc Ketiš
English, German, Croatian
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project without Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
Palliative Medicine and awareness about it in Slovenia are still at the beginning. Because of that we joint an international group that work on raising awareness about palliative care and quality of life at the end of it. Aim of our project is to educate local promoters, spread the knowledge and raise the awareness about palliative medicine in the population. We would also like to assess the effectiveness of the program with help of quantitative research methodology. The meaning is to find out how much people know about palliative care and how much more they know after our promotions.
What is the aim of the project?
Education and raising the awareness of the general population of palliative medicine. Quantitative research of effectiveness of the program.
What techniques and methods are used?
1. Education of the promotors. 2. Workshops at the local communities. 3. Quantitative research of the effectiveness of the program.
What is the role of the student?
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- The tasks of the student will be performed on his/her own
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
1. Student is going to work with the computer. 2. Student will use Excel program to analyze results from promotions. He/she will get to know more about the functions of the Excel program. 3. Student will improve his/her organizational skills. 4. He/she will get more knowledge about Public Health. He/she will get basic knowledge about palliative medicine. He/she will learn about the importance of the palliative care.
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
Introduction of the international educational program for general population about palliative care.
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a poster - The student will prepare a scientific report - The student’s name will be mentioned in a future publication
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
Organizational and computer knowledge (excel). Previous experience with: with Public Health and Excel computer program
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students - Graduated students (less than 6 months)
- Bolling G. The last aid course - A Simple and Effective Concept to Teach the Public about Palliative Care and to Enhance the Public Discussion about Death and Dying. Austin Palliative Care Austin Palliat Care 1(2): 2016 1-5. id1010
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency