Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
Effect of daily repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation on motor performance in Parkinson
Morocco (IFMSA-Morocco), Faculty of Medicine of Oujda, University of Mohamed the First, Oujda
Neurology department ; university hospital Mohammed VI Oujda
Pr. Yassine MEBROUK
Pr. Yassine MEBROUK
English - French
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project without Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
-Description: Cortical excitability of the primary motor cortex is altered in patients with Parkinson. -The aim: To evaluate the effect of rTMS of the motor cortex on motor functions in patients with PD. The techniques:Twenty unmedicated PD patients will be included consecutively in this study. The patients will be assigned in a randomized pattern to one of two groups, one group receiving real-rTMS (suprathreshold 5-Hz, 2000 pulses once a day for 10 consecutive days) and the second group receiving sham-rTMS using closed envelopes. Total motor section of Unified Parkinson
What is the aim of the project?
What techniques and methods are used?
What is the role of the student?
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
Mainly to observe and examinations under the supervision of the his tutor
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
Lectures and every day rounds with the staff
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a poster - The student will prepare a presentation
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
Knowledge on Parkinson disease and transcranial magnetic stimulation.
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students
- "Effect of daily repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation on motor performance in Parkinson's disease."; Khedr EM; Rothwell JC; Shawky OA; Ahmed MA; Hamdy A. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17219616)
- "Effects of Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation on Motor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease"; Ying-hui Chou; Patrick T. Hickey; Mark Sundman; Allen W. Song; and Nan-kuei Chen. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4425190/)
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency