Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
Using of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator in hemorrhagic stroke
Russian Federation (HCCM Russia) - Northen State Medical University, Arkhangelsk
Department of Neurosurgery
Prof .Dinkov M.D.,Dsc
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project with Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
1. Study the epidemiology of intracerebral hemorrhage and the incidence of recurrence after a surgical treatment of hemorrhagic stroke on the basis of the neurosurgery department and Vascular Center GBUZ "First City Clinical Hospital. EE Volosevich ;Arkhangelsk. 2. Examine the state coagulation and vascular platelet hemostasis in patients with hemorrhagic stroke on the background of surgical treatments. 3. Define the role of tranexamic acid in reducing the incidence of recurrent intracerebral hemorrhage in patients operated on for hemorrhagic stroke. 4. To develop an algorithm using tranexamic acid in treatment of hypertensive non-traumatic intracerebral hematomas.
What is the aim of the project?
Improving the results of surgical treatment of hypertensive non-traumatic intracerebral hematomas.
What techniques and methods are used?
Clinical examination: examine the state koagulation and vascular platelet hemostasis in patients with hemorrhagic stroke on the background of surgical treatments,stugying necessary literature; Instrumental methods of examination and laboratory diagnosis, Calculation of the systemic administration of tranexamic acid, postoperative adjustment of the amount of tranexamic acid.
What is the role of the student?
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- If the project includes “lab work”
- the student will take active part in the practical aspect of the project
- If the project is clinical
- the student will take active part in the clinical examination
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
Help Tutor during examinations and research work: study literature, physical examination, Examine the state сoagulation and vascular platelet hemostasis in patients with hemorrhagic stroke, introduction of tranexamic acid; evaluation of the results
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a presentation - The student will prepare a scientific report
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
- Basic knowledge in neurosurgery, head and neck surgery, neurology - Bring white coat, sthetoscope and second pair of shoes (for hospital)
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students - Graduated students (less than 6 months)
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency