Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
Neuroimaging disorders of blood circulation in the vertebral-basilar pool (VVP)
Russian Federation (HCCM Russia) - Ural State Medical Academy, Ekaterinburg
Neurology department - Central Clinical Hospital ?6, Regional Clinical Hospital ?1
Prof. Larisa I.Volkova
Dr. Natalia Anikina
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project with Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
Forms of circulatory disorders in the vertebral-basilar pool, their clinical manifestations are as diverse as the reasons leading to it. Knowledge of the possible causes of circulatory disorders in the vertebral-basilar pool and relating this knowledge with each individual clinical case can help the physician to prevent severe and irreversible consequences for the patient. The ability to accurately and, most importantly on time, determine the form of circulatory disorders in the vertebral-basilar pool allows the physician to choose the most adequate and effective treatment strategy.
What is the aim of the project?
- Determination of the cause or group of causes of circulatory disorders in the VBP in each clinical case; - Determination of the symptoms of circulatory disorders in the VBP in each clinical case; - Determination of diagnostic criteria of circulatory disorders in VBP; - Determination of treatment strategies, criteria of effectiveness in each clinical case;
What techniques and methods are used?
- CT_scaning - Physical examination of patieints - Questionnaire of patients - statistical analysis
What is the role of the student?
- The student will mainly observe
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
- participation in estimating CT results - Questionnaire of patients - statistical analysis of data - Participation in patients examination - skills in estimating CT images of brain - Ability to diagnose disorders in VBP - Practice in physical examination of patients with - VBP disorders statistical analysis of data
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
Lectures & seminars
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a presentation
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
- basical knowledge in neurology and anatomy
- basical knowledge in statistical analysis
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students - Graduated students (less than 6 months)
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency