Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
The risk of the local recurrence of breast cancer in accordance with molecular subtype of the tumor
Russian Federation (HCCM Russia) - Ural State Medical Academy, Ekaterinburg
Oncomammology department of Municipal Autonomous Institution Clinical Hospital ?40
Prof. Sergey Demidov
Dr. Anna Stunsova, Dr. Denis Demidov
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project with Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
In this study analysis of the risk of local recurrence of breast cancer will be estimated in accordance with the molecular characteristics of the tumor, which include the expression of estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor gene and expression of the human epidermal growth factor - HER2. Also in assessing the risk of local recurrence we will consider the rate of proliferation of the tumor. Basing on the results of IHC study group of patients with relapse, the analysis of the most common molecular subtypes of breast cancer and to assess their role in the development of local recurrence.
What is the aim of the project?
To estimate the risk of local recurrence of breast cancer in accordance with the molecular subtype of the tumor
What techniques and methods are used?
1. Immunohystochemical analysis 2. Work with excel database 3. Estimating the results of immunohistochemistry (IHC) 4. Statistical analysis of the results
What is the role of the student?
- The student will mainly observe
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
1. Work with scientific sources, 2. Statistical analysis of the results of immunohistochemical analysis, 3. making conclusions about the level of risk of local recurrence of breast cancer in accordance with the molecular subtype of the tumor
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a presentation
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
Final test or exam in General surgery and Oncology should be passed
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students - Graduated students (less than 6 months)
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency