Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
H3Abionet : the African bioinformatic network using Immunomics for antigen vaccine design againt tuberculosis
Morocco (IFMSA-Morocco), Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy of Rabat, Rabat
National Institut of Hygien , Immunology Department .
Dr. Rhajaoui Mohammed
Dr. Fouad Seghrouchni, PhD
English, French, Arabic, Italian
Type of Research Project
- Basic science
What is the background of the project?
Our research project is about developing in-silico and in-vitro new testing of subunit antigens in the context of developing new diagnostic tools and / or vaccination against infectious diseases. Indeed, new knowledge about the molecular structures of complex epitope-paratope have enabled the development of new immunoinformatic approaches, which are able to predict with great success immunodominant epitopes on the antigenic structures of interest. Our work in the search for new anti-tuberculosis antigens (Seghrouchni And Al 2005 -. 2009) shows the performance and the impact of this approach perspective in the fight against infectious diseases.
What is the aim of the project?
The aim of the project is to use the immunoinformatic methods to design a new antigen vaccine against tuberculosis .
What techniques and methods are used?
What is the role of the student?
- The student will mainly observe
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
the student will collect data, compare and analyse them to the database (ImmunoInformatics softwares), and work on the antigen vaccine against tuberculosis.
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a poster - The student will prepare a scientific report
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
- Basic knowledge about informatics - Basic knowledge about Structural Immunology
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students - Graduated students (less than 6 months)
- "Immunomics: discovering new targets for vaccines and therapeutics"; Anne S.De Groot.
- "H3ABioNet; a sustainable pan-African bioinformatics network for human heredity and health in Africa";Nicola J. Mulder; Ezekiel Adebiyi; Raouf Alami; Alia Benkahla; James Brandful; Seydou Doumbia; Dean Everett; Faisal M. Fadlelmola; Fatima Gaboun; Simani Gaseitsiwe; Hassan Ghazal; Scott Hazelhurst; Winston Hide; Azeddine Ibrahimi; Yasmina Jaufeerally Fakim; C. Victor Jongeneel; Fourie Joubert; Samar Kassim; Jonathan Kayondo; Judit Kumuthini; Sylvester Lyantagaye; Julie Makani; Ahmed Mansour Alzohairy; Daniel Masiga; Ahmed Moussa; Oyekanmi Nash; Odile Ouwe Missi Oukem-Boyer; Ellis Owusu-Dabo; Sumir Panji; Hugh Patterton; Fouzia Radouani; Khalid Sadki; Fouad Seghrouchni; Özlem Tastan Bishop; Nicki Tiffin; Nzovu Ulenga;and The H3ABioNet Consortium.
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency