Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
Incidence of Bladder Carcinoma in patients affected with Bilharziasis in Egypt (Alexandria University)
Egypt (IFMSA-Egypt) - Alexandria University, Alexandria
Department of Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases ? Alexandria Faculty of Medicine
Dr. Waleed Elkany
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project with Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
The objective of the presented research is to explore a possible change in the relative frequency of bladder cancer over a period of 37 years. Moreover, changes in the frequency of bilharzias association, histological profile of carcinomas and demographic data of patients are also investigated. Attendance and Observation at clinical rounds, Participation in the clinical assessment with the tutor, Data collection and analysis.
What is the aim of the project?
- Increase information about bilharziasis prevalence in Egypt regarding (routes of infection, sequelae and complications) - Attain more knowledge about bilharziasis complications and its relations development of bladder carcinoma.
What techniques and methods are used?
case reports ,systematic reviews and case series
What is the role of the student?
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
• Attendance and observation at clinical rounds • Take history from patients • Participation in clinical assessment with the tutor • Data collection • Data analysis • Data report
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a scientific report
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
The student must have the basic knowledge about Belharziazis and Bladder Carcinoma. The student MUST be immunized against Hepatitis B. White lab coat and stethoscope are mandatory for the attendance of the clinical rounds.
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students
- ARC Working Group on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans; Tobacco Smoke and Involuntary Smoking; vol. 83; IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risk to Humans; Lyon; France; 2004.
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency