Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
[Monterrey] Different patterns of ischemia/reperfusion intestinal and enteric nervous system
Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon
Physiology Dept. Facultad de Medicina Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon
PhD Nancy E. Fernandez
PhD Francisco Guzman
English and Spanish
Type of Research Project
- Basic science
What is the background of the project?
In the study of the pathophysiology of intestinal ischemia-reperfusion is essential identify and know how the tissue response to the injury. In this project we will work with rats and study the modification of some serological markers and the cells of the enteric nervous system, when an ischemic-reperfusion injury was done.
What is the aim of the project?
Describe the compromise of the enteric nervous system in the event of interruption of the flow
What techniques and methods are used?
We will use the Chiu´s classification for grading the histopathological damage. We will use immunosorbent assays (ELISA) kit for determine the level of serological markers and We will use the indirect immunofluorescence staining to perform cells fixed on slides and examine under a fluorescence microscope. Also we will quantify the blood flow in the arteries and veins of the gut
What is the role of the student?
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
Written report by the end of the exchange
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a scientific report
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
Basic physiology knowledge
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students - Graduated students (less than 6 months)
- Guzman-de la Garza FJ; Camara-Lemarroy CR;; Alarcon-Galvan G; Cordero-Perez P; Munoz-Espinosa L; Fernandez-Garza NE. Different patterns of intestinal response to injury after arterial; venous or arteriovenous occlusion in rats. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2009 15(31):3901-3907.
- Camara-Lemaroy CR; Guzman-de la Garza FJ; Alarcon-Galvan G; Cordero-Perez P; Fernandez-Garza NE.The effects of NMDA receptor antagonist over intestinal ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. European Journal of Pharmacology 2009; 621: 78-85
- Guzman-de la Garza FJ; Camara-Lemarroy CR; Ballesteros-Elizondo RG; Alarcon-Galvan G; Cordero-Perez P; Fernandez-Garza NE.Ketamine and the myenteric plexus in intestinal ischemia/reperfusion injury.Dig Dis Sci; 2010; 55:1878-1885
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency