Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
[Sfax]Retrospective research of the prevalence of cardiovascular diseases in Tunisia as an example of a developing country
Tunisia (ASSOCIA-MED) - University of Sfax/ Faculty of Medecine of Sfax, Sfax
Cardiology department, Hedi Chaker University Hospital, Sfax Tunisia
Pr Samir Kammoun
Dr Dorra Abid
English - French
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project without Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
This project has an important role in the field of Cardiology as it studies the changes that Tunisia is experiencing when it comes to the epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases as a typical example of a developing country.
What is the aim of the project?
This project aims to determinate the prevalence of the different cardiovascular diseases currently observed in Tunisia as well as to study the efficiency of the different strategies used in managing the concerned patients.
What techniques and methods are used?
- Collecting the files of patients hospitalized during the year 2012 in the Cardiology department of Sfax, Tunisia. - Studying the collected data, - Applying a statistical study.
What is the role of the student?
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
- Studying the collected data, - Applying a statistical study.
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a presentation
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
- A white coat is obligatory for this clinical research project. - There are approximately 4 hours of work per day required. - The exchange students participating in this project should already have studied cardiology during their medical education.
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students - Graduated students (less than 6 months)
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency