Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
Study of cell interactions during tissue regeneration
France (ANEMF) - University of Versailles, Versailles
Unit Human histopathology and animal models ? Institut Pasteur, Paris
Pr F Chretien
Pr F Chretien
Type of Research Project
- Basic science
What is the background of the project?
- A longstanding goal in regenerative medicine is to reconstitute functional tissues or organs after injury or disease. Attention has focused on the identification and relative contribution of tissue specific stem cells to the regeneration process. Relatively little is known about how the physiological process is regulated by other tissue constituents. Numerous injury models are used to investigate tissue regeneration; however, these models are often poorly understood. Specifically, for skeletal muscle regeneration several models are reported in the literature, yet the relative impact on muscle physiology and the distinct cells types have not been extensively characterized. What is the aim of the project?
What is the aim of the project?
- The aim of the project is to examine the interaction between the different types of cells and cells signals during the tissue regeneration.
What techniques and methods are used?
The use of transgenic mouse models to respectively count the number of muscle stem (satellite) cells (SC) and number/shape of vessels by confocal microscopy. We performed histological and immunostainings to assess the differences in the key regeneration steps. Infiltration of immune cells, chemokines and cytokines production was assessed in vivo by Luminex®.
What is the role of the student?
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
- The student will prepare a scientific reportLectures and bio cellular seminars
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
Lectures and bio cellular seminars
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a poster
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
Nothing in particular.
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency