Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
(Santiago de Chile) Identification and characterization of new molecular components in the interaction between tumors and immune system cells
Universidad de Chile
Dr. Juan Carlos Aguillon
Dr. Flavio Salazar-Onfray
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project with Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
This proyect is focused in tumor immunology; we study the interactions between the immune system and tumor cells at different levels from the laboratory to clinical trials.
What is the aim of the project?
To understand how we can modulate the inmune system to respond against tumor developing new biological therapies.
What techniques and methods are used?
Cell cultive, flow cytometry, molecular biology, clinical trials.
What is the role of the student?
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- If the project includes “lab work”
- the student will take active part in the practical aspect of the project
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
Contribution in laboratory techniques and clinical protocols.Whatever the origin university asks.
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- No specific outcome is expected
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
Cell biology and molecular immunology. No statutory limitation.
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students - Students in biomedical fields
- - Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2018 Dec;67(12):1897-1910. doi: 10.1007/s00262-018-2157-5.
- - Clin Cancer Res. 2011 Apr 15;17(8):2474-83. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-10-2384.
- - Front Immunol. 2017 Sep 1;8:1067. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2017.01067
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency