Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
Characterization of pathogenic viruses
Japan (IFMSA-Japan) - Tottori University, Tottori
Division of Virology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Tottori University
Seiji Kageyama, MD, PhD
Same as above
Type of Research Project
- Basic science
What is the background of the project?
We will deliver information useful for a prevention/alleviation of infectious disease epidemic, and an improvement of the methodology on diagnosis/treatment of infectious diseases.
What is the aim of the project?
Our mission is then to contribute locally and globally to people through research and education. It is expected that the visitors will be exposed to the process of information production and become an candidate for future players in this field.
What techniques and methods are used?
Please ask us
What is the role of the student?
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
Please ask us
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
Yes if needed
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a presentation
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
It is favorable for him/her to have finished basic virology course somewhere.
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students
- Agdamag DM; Kageyama S; Leano PS; Solante RM; Telan EF; Que ER; and Ichimura H. Prediction of Response with Pegylated Interferon Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B in the Philippines. J Med Virol; 82:213-219;2010.
- Telan EFO; Samonte GMJ; Abellanosa-Tac-An EP; Alesna ET; Leano PSA; Emphasis YEE; Tsuneki A; Matsumoto K; and Kageyama S. The Early Phase of an HIV Epidemic in a Population Exposed Previously to HCV in the Philippines. J Med Virol; 83: 941-947; 2011.
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency