Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
Research in thoracic surgery
Université de Sherbrooke
Thoracic surgery department, 3001, 12th avenue north
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project without Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
The student will mainly participate in research in clinical trials (different subjects available) and academic activities, revision of the litterature, data analysis, participate in publications, assist to some surgeries if necessary but in observation mainly
Student will learn
- How to perform clinical trials in the thoracic surgery field.
- How to analyze the data and make new conclusions that can be applied in surgeries in the future.
- How to make department presentations and to acquire knowledge of the latest advances in research in the thoracic surgery field
What is the aim of the project?
What techniques and methods are used?
What is the role of the student?
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- The tasks of the student will be performed on his/her own
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a poster - The student will prepare a presentation - The student will prepare a scientific report - The student will prepare an abstract - No specific outcome is expected
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
Please refer to our university of Sherbrooke, Thoracic Surgery website: http://www.usherbrooke.ca/service-chirurgie-thoracique/
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency