Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
PCR in diseases Diagnosis
Egypt (IFMSA-Egypt) - Ain shams University, Ain Shams
Biotechnologies and Informatics
Oncologz Diagnostic Unit / Ain Shams University
Type of Research Project
- Basic science
What is the background of the project?
A full study about the various aspects of PCR & how to confirm or exclude or differentiate diseases that are detected by this investigation.
What is the aim of the project?
The project aims to study the aspects of PCR and how to use it to study the conditions of different diseases.
What techniques and methods are used?
1- Collection of different blood samples to be tested 2- Test for the presence of certain diseases using PCR and how to differentiate between different diseases using it.
What is the role of the student?
- The student will mainly observe
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
- The student will have the ability of dealing with PCR in various clinical disorders, easily interpretation of its results. -The student will assist in the whole methods of the research which includes collection of samples and using PCR. -The student will have to attend for six hours for four days each week. -The student will write down all the above mentioned steps in his/her logbook to be signed by the tutors at the end of each shift. -At the end of the clerkship the student will make a conclusion according to the statistical studies they had already made through the whole month to evaluate the whole project and prepare a scientific report.
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a scientific report
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
Basic Knowledge of Biochemistry.
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students - Graduated students (less than 6 months) - Pre-Medical students from the American-British system
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency