Who we are
Board of Recommendation
How to Become a Member
Members’ Activities Calendar
What we do
Policy and Advocacy
Exchange the world
Introduction to IFMSA Exchanges
List of Participating Countries
Research Projects Database
Medical Students International
You are here:
Egypt (IFMSA-Egypt) - Ain shams University, Ain Shams
Biotechnologies and Informatics
Oncology Dignostic Unit / Ain Shams University
Dr. Sanaa Eisa
Type of Research Project
- Clinical Project without Laboratory work
What is the background of the project?
Linking the different tumour markers to different diseases. interpretation of the various results of each marker.Blood sampling ,tumour markers for early and better prognosis. the student will be able at the end of the project to use the basic techniques in analysis of different tumor markers and he/she will have a perfect idea of how to set a differential diagnosis from simple tests and then how to reach the final diagnosis of the tumor from its specific test.
What is the aim of the project?
The project aims to study the linkage & relationship between different tumor markers and different diseases.
What techniques and methods are used?
1-collecting blood samples to be tested to detect tumors 2-simple tests to reach final diagnosis of the tumor
What is the role of the student?
- The student will mainly observe
- The student will observe the practical experiments but will be highly involved in the analysis of the results
- The tasks will be done under supervision
What are the tasks expected to be accomplished by the student?
- -The student will assist in the whole methods of the research which includes collection of samples and applying different tests on them. -The student will have to attend for six hours for four days each week. -The student will write down all the above mentioned steps in his/her logbook to be signed by the tutors at the end of each shift. -At the end of the clerkship the student will make a conclusion according to the statistical studies they had already made through the whole month to evaluate the whole project and prepare a scientific report.
Will there be any theoretical teaching provided (preliminary readings, lectures, courses, seminars etc)
What is expected from the student at the end of the research exchange? What will be the general outcome of the student?
- The student will prepare a scientific report
What skills are required of the student? Is there any special knowledge or a certain level of studies needed?
Basic Knowledge of biochemistry.
Are there any legal limitations in the student’s involvement
Type of students accepted
This project accepts: - Medical students - Graduated students (less than 6 months) - Pre-Medical students from the American-British system
© 2015 - IFMSA.org - Developed by web agency