There are two types of visit visa: 1) Visit Visa on Arrival, 2) Visit Visa
According to our Immigration and Ministry of Foreign Affairs regulation, students coming to Indonesia for exchange purposes MUST obtain VISIT VISA (Student Visa) which should be applied in Indonesian Embassy or Consulate (NOT visit visa on arrival, because visit visa on arrival is only for tourism purposes)
Once you have obtained it, a holder of Visit Visa is given up-to 60 days stay and can be extended in Immigration Office for 5 (five) time, each extension will be given another 30 days stay.
You can find more information about:
1. The requirements, procedures, and fees: http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/public-services/visit-visa#general-info
2. The webpage of Indonesian Embassy/Consulate in your country: http://www.kemlu.go.id/en/kedutaan/default.aspx
The Faculty has the rights to check your visa and if we find out that your visa is Visit Visa On Arrival (for tourism purpose) the faculty may refuse you and your exchange may be cancelled.
- CALLING VISA -
Calling visa ONLY applies for students with the nationality below:
- North Korea
- Sri Lanka
The Indonesian calling visa is a particular visa given to applicants that come from a country which does not have diplomatic relations with The Indonesian government. This type of visa must be applied abroad and it should not applied through the local Immigration office in Indonesia.
APPLYING THE INDONESIAN CALLING VISA
The Indonesian calling can be applied through the following method:
- Submitting an application to the nearest Indonesian embassy abroad;
- Further examination by the officers at The Indonesian embassy;
- The visa application will be forwarded to The Indonesian Immigration Directorate General in Indonesia and to be further verified by The Indonesian Security Department;
- If the visa application is granted by The Indonesian Security Department and The Indonesian Immigration Directorate General, the visa application will be re-forwarded to The Nominated Indonesian embassy where the applicant is submitting the visa application;
The approval for the application of an Indonesian Calling Visa may take some time, which strictly depends on the acceptance made by The Indonesian Security Department and The Indonesian Immigration Directorate General.
Therefore, please contact your NORE as soon as possible if you are citizen with one of the nationalities above so we can manage to help you with the visa application in advance.