The official teaching and studying language in Jordan is English
. So you need to take into account that all activities in the departments are in English, however communication with the patients will be held in Arabic but the staff is usually very cooperative and would offer immediate translation to English for you. We highly encourage you to learn some basic Arabic to make the most of your exchange, but it is okay if you don't.
in order to get the certificate you will be asked to: attend 80%
of the clerkship, fill in the logbook
and fill in the Evaluation Form
In case the student doesn't abide the rules of the flat/coexistence/hospital, we reserve the right of expelling them from the exchange. Being that the case, they should find their own accommodation and will not get a certificate.
Friday and Saturday.
- Exchange students work under the same conditions as local students and must obey all hospital regulations. Students are also encouraged to participate in all the activities held in their departments.
- Students are subjected to the schedule of each instructor they are rotating with.
- STUDENTS ARE MAINLY OBSERVERS
. However, some instructors may allow some assistance especially if the student is in the final year of study.
- Surgical departments require attending operations, clinics and seminars or lectures provided by instructors. Students are expected to participate in all the department activities.
- Exchange students cannot use their OWN scrubs
when they go into the Operation Theaters because the hospital provides Sanitized Scrubs.