You are here:
Home » General
- We do not accept more than 4 students from the same country on the same month.
- We are trying to place couples as they request, but we can’t promise that.
- It is forbidden to contact anyone from department or hospital.
- We are not informed in advance by departments who will be supervising exchange students.
- Please do not purchase travel arrangements before receiving your card of acceptance.
- We can’t meet students at airport!
- Report to hospital & housing according to your Card of Acceptance.
- Department & Housing coordinators: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T3CmtJcnNWpHzI80arcnMRezdgjjbSx9Lrqpls1Cxoo/edit?usp=sharing
- Lunch Refunds: FIMS Israel (by LEO) will be refunding every student for one hot meal (lunch) every working day, at the hospital dining room. Food refunds will be given by every local exchange officer, only according to the receipts presented.
For Unilateral exchange:
Before payment:- As soon as a Unilateral exchange Application Form is submitted on the IFMSA website, we must get an Email from you to [email protected]:
“My Unilateral Application Form No. ….. Name: ….. is submitted on the IFMSA website. Please, update me on my Unilateral Payment procedure.”
- Payments will be only: After Applicant will be informed by FIMS when to pay.
- Since all the arrangements for students are always prepaid - payment must be taken care of close to the time of submitting the AF. We reserve the right to not accept unilateral students who did not make the payment on time.
- Do not forget to send us an email after paying!
- Please make sure that the full amount is transferred (the price does not include the processing fees!)
Participants coming to Israel for the IFMSA exchange program are responsible for meeting their own health & accident care costs, including hospitalization. It is therefore IMPERATIVE that all participants be in possession of a PERSONAL Travel, Health and Accident Insurance. Students who fail to produce copies of their insurance risk having their exchange period automatically canceled without any refund.
The Federation of Israeli Medical Students (“FIMS” ) or any person such as: hosting hospitals, dorms, social program organizers, operators and any other hosts will neither provide nor offer medical care or insurance coverage to participants, and are not responsible in any way for the health and safety of the exchange student.
Malpractice insurance is not obligatory, but RECOMMENDED.
Make sure your luggage (including valuables/laptop) is covered by your insurance. Hosting hospitals/dorms/FIMS or any other hosts will not be held responsible for loss/theft of your property."
In case of cancellation no money will be refunded, after we send the CA no Cancellation is approved only substitution (If applicable)
We prefer substitutions to cancellations. Substitute is possible for the same period, gender and Department as originally confirmed. The substitute Application Form must arrive to our office not later than 60 days before the 1st day of the exchange period.
- All our regulation details are mandatory. Failure to comply with these regulations while on Exchange may risk termination of your participation in the program, without any compensation.
- In light of the worldwide Corona –Virus events: Please, check updates for entering Israel which should comply with the guidelines for International travelers issued by the Ministry of Health: https://govextra.gov.il/ministry-of-health/corona/corona-virus-en/