Graduated students are not allowed to participate in our program and will not be accepted
. If the student is close to graduating, please make sure that the student is still enrolled in university during the time of the exchange.
Our Local Committees offer rather few places at once. Therefore the chance of getting one of your choices might be small if you only choose the very popular choices (Berlin, Munich, Heidelberg...).
Be also aware that not every Local Committee accepts students at all times, what could be a reason for placing you in another place. We try very hard to put you in the desired place or at least close to it, but please understand it isn't always possible. On the other hand, every Local Committee offers a high quality exchange. In fact, smaller cities tend to offer even better exchange experiences! Germany is also not that big, so you can easily travel at all times :)
Due to prior experiences, we kindly ask you to respect our conditions and German regulations and habits. Even as an exchange student you are expected to attend all required classes and to work in the hospital like everyone else (standard: 8 hours).
Punctuality is crucial. Non-compliance is considered rude and impudent, and we reserve the right to send students home if we receive complaints from the hospital and the doctors in charge, or your accommodation and contact person.
Incomings must not host friends or family members in their apartments.COVID Circumstances:
We are happy to organise more amazing and unforgettable exchanges for you!
As the times are challenging for all of us, we have included some extra requirements that will serve as we'd like to introduce some extra precautions for us all. Failing to fulfill the following requirements will make your exchange application invalid and/or your exchange will be canceled.
1. All exchange students must provide a negative SARS-CoV2 rapid antigen test upon arrival that is not older than 48 hours before departure.
2. All incoming customers are obliged to stay 5 days in quarantine before the start of the exchange. We'll do our best to provide accommodation for the exchange plus the quarantine time, however, we can't guarantee it.
DISCLAIMER: The costs for the quarantine (lodging & boarding) will have to be paid by the incoming exchange student.
3. After quarantine, there will be an additional test (PCR test, rapid antigen test may be accepted exceptionally) if the incoming doesn't present symptoms before - this test has to be paid by the incoming as well.
4. As long as Germany is a risk area, our LCs are obliged to ask for a rent deposit in case you develop positive symptoms during your stay and need to extend the renting period for quarantine. The deposit is half the monthly rent of your room - please contact your LC regarding the exact amount (usually about 150,- €). If your rent ends in the regular period, your deposit will be returned to you.
5. During the exchange under COVID circumstances a minimum of 80% of the working days of the exchange have to be attended to receive the certificate from us. To avoid the negative impact of quarantine for your attendance quota, please plan with an early arrival in advance.
E.g. if you have 20 working days you are only allowed to miss 4 days due to quarantine, regular sickness etc. If you are infected with Covid your exchange might be extended to fulfill the quota or be cancelled at all - depending on your preferences and the local circumstances.