- Students may be required to submit additional documents/completed forms specific to the hospital. (LEC will contact students. You must reply or clerkship will be cancelled). PERTH
- Students must present themselves approximately a week earlier for MRSA testing.
- Testing involves having nose, hand, and wrist swabs taken to check for the presence of MRSA, followed by appropriate treatment if required.
- Students will not be allowed to see patients until status is clear.
- Cost will be AUD40 to the student for testing.Application documents & deadline:
Application deadline: 12 MONTHS before requested date.
Scan all documents in colour and submit at least 12 MONTHS in advance or clerkship will be cancelled. NEO will NOT accept paper documents at MM of that season.
All documents must be sent digitally.
All documents must be stamped and on letter headed paper.
All documents must be in or translated into English.
Under RECCOMMENDATION LETTER please include a Letter of Support from your Dean
Under OTHER please include Two Academic References.
Under VACCINATION CARD please provide proof of immunisations including Hepatitis B, some LC's may require Hepatitis C and HIV.
Please bring all original documents when you arrive. Failure to provide original documents upon arrival, incomplete applications or no medical indemnity are grounds for termination of the clerkship and you will be sent home immediately.Digital documents required:
Insurance: Health Insurance and Medical Indemnity are MANDATORY.
1. Travel insurance (including health insurance covering medical expenses)
2. Medical indemnity (malpractice) insurance: please apply in your home country.
Proof will be required with AF. Any problems please contact the NEO/LEC.
Upon arrival documents
Following documents have to be brought upon arrival in original format:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Health Insurance
- Language certificate
- Motivation letter 1
- Motivation Letter 2
- Motivation Letter 3
- Motivation Letter 4
- MRSA Test
- Passport copy
- Recommendation Letter
- Student record (Subjects passed)
- Vaccination card
Australia does not
accept Graduated Students.