If English is the language of institution at the students home university
1. Letter from the university stating the students proficiency in English
If English is not the language of institution at the students home university, student must have one of the following documents:
1. Irish Leaving Certificate: a grade D3 or better in Ordinary level English.
2. GCSE: a grade C or better in English Language.
3. European Baccalaureate:
English: 6 in 1st Language, or in 1st or 2nd Foreign language.
4. French Baccalaureate:
Students presenting the OIB or International Option of the French Baccalaureate may satisfy the English language requirement by achieving a minimum of 12 (where the coefficient is greater than 5) in English Language and Literature. In cases where the coefficient is less than 5, a minimum result of 14 will be required.
5. International Baccalaureate:
English A1, A2 or B: 5 at Higher Level (4 at Standard Level if presenting IB through English).
6. US High School: a grade C in English taken in final year.
a. Paper based 570 (with a TWE score of 4.5).
b. Computer-based 233 (with a score of 4.5 in essay).
c. Internet based 90 (with a written score of 21).
8. University of Cambridge:
a. 180+ on Cambridge English scale with no less than 175 in each skill and use of English i.e.
i. Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
ii. Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
iii. First Certificate, Grade A (CEFR Level C1)
9. IELTS: (Academic version) 6.5 (no individual band below 6)
a. For Dental courses: IELTS (academic version) 7 (no individual band below 7).
b. For Clinical speech and language studies: IELTS (academci version) 7 (no individual band below 7)
10. Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 (with no section score below 59).
*Examination results for tests 7-10 above are only valid for 2 years.