Oujda is a city located in North-East of Morocco with an estimated population of 450,000.
Welcome kit : http://issuu.com/atoubi.myriam/docs/oujda
Mohamed the First University 'MFU' (Oujda, Morocco) was founded in 1978 in Oujda. In a study published in 2010 in the order of the universities, it was ranked as the thirty-fifth grade in Arab world and third nationally.
Mohammed the First University consists of the following institutions:
- Faculty of Letters and Humanities
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Sciences
- Polydiscipline Faculty of Nador
- High School of Technology
- National School of Applied Sciences of Oujda
- National School of Applied Sciences of Al Hoceima
- National School of Commerce and Management
- Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Faculty of Technical Sciences of Al Hoceima
Hôpital al Farabi
Built and active since 1954, this hospital offers medical departements (225 beds), surgical departements (204 lits), it also includes an ICU and emergency unit, and and Pediatrics departement.
This hospital, oversees the medical care of over 2 million people.
Centre hospitalier universitaire Mohammed VI
A new hospital active since 23/07/2014 and has the most modern equipement.
The city presents other private hospitals such as Polyclinique
- Biobank and Data Storage for Biomedical Research
- Early versus delayed laparoscopic cholecystectomy after severe acute pancreatitis
- Effect of daily repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation on motor performance in Parkinson
- Identification of novel bioactive molecules with anti-proliferative properties using yeast as a model organism
- Patient's satisfaction in surgery department.
- Prevalence and risk factors of cardiovascular complications in chronic kidney disease
- Screening for peripheral artery occlusive disease in hospitalized patients in: Cardiology, Nephrology and Endocrinology departments by measurement of Ankle-brachial pressure index
If you are placed in a host family, meals will be provided by the family. Otherwise, we willgive you pocket money to cover the expenses of at least one main meal per working day.
The city is served by Angads Airport, which has connecting flights to Amsterdam, Brussels, Madrid, Marseille and Paris.
The city is the endpoint of the main railroad from Casablanca via Fes and Taourirt before the border with Algeria. There are several day and night trains to and from the city, linking it to the western part of the country.
Apart from this rail link and many bus/coach services, the city also has Angads Airport offering both national and international destinations.
The main characteristic of the city is having the old city in the centre. The old city maintains traditional features of the Moroccan architecture with its narrow and twisted alleys which leads to the houses and different markets such as jewelry market and the leather market.
The main attractions of the city are the nearby Desert, Oasis and Beachs.
Since 2009, the city has been twinned with Trowbridge in England due to the huge number of diasporans, most of whom originate from villages close to Oujda. Trowbridge has the largest Moroccan community in the UK outside London.