- Biochemical & Pharmacological investigation of some antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic drugs in combination with antioxidants on the levels of adipocytokines in metabolic syndrome.
- Pharmacognostic profile and pharmacological effects of different parts of Moringa olifera plant.
- Multidisciplinary Research Project of screening and detection, profile, follow-up and management including preventive and health education strategy of Sickle Hemoglobinopathy.
- Phyto-pharmacological screening and formulation development of some medicinal mushroom.
- Recombinant Gene Therapy in the preclinical phase for application in treating allergic conditions in collaboration with Century Pharmaceuticals and Hebrew University.
- Novel drug delivery systems for osteoporosis and breast cancer.
- MDR TB a continuous ongoing project to tackle the issue of MDR TB Tobacco and oral cancers early prevention strategies : developed a 2 point questionnaire to screen oral cancers
- New vehicles development to deliver drugs of vegetable origin using nanotechnology.
- Research on Probiotics and its effect on Diarrhea.
- Translational Research in the area of Breast Cancer.
- Gastrointestinal Research in area of Ulcerative Colitis (identify gene associated with UC)
- Metabolic Disorders– esp. Diabetes and identification of precipitating gene for predicting Diabetes. Outcome will be path breaking as will enable prevention of Diabetes by simply life style modification.
- Work on Bariatric Surgery - a new answer to diabetes treatment?
- HIV screening and development of Novel Anti HIV Vaginal Gel in collaboration with Laila Pharmaceuticals, Chennai (under consideration)
- Community Psychiatry Program in collaboration with MINDS foundation, USA is an ongoing program designed to deliver psychiatric services in the community - addressing the issues of awareness, stigma and mental health resource utilization.
- Participation in various Phase II and Phase III studies.
- Developed an Instrument for atraumatic retraction of the gingival tissue for Subgingival Prosthodontic instrumentation
- An equipment designed to cure light cure tray material and indirect composite resin and for adaptation of vacuum tray material.
- A novel tracer design to record centric relation incorporating the drawbacks of traditional Heights tracer design.
University Buses are available regularly on specified routes from city to the university for the staff and students at subsidized rate. Buses are provided Monday through Sunday. Please note that there are separate schedules for weekdays and weekends. The weekend schedule is normally in operation during holidays, unless otherwise stated. Schedules are displayed at the Notice Board and Security Office.
Visiting the following places would be an enriching experience:
- Lakshmi Villas Palace (Heritage Site) -Gaekwad Museum - Raani Ni Vaav, Singhrot Canal -Sursagar (Biggest Lord shiva statue in the state)
Weekend trips to following destination would be a great idea:
- Akshardham Temple, Ganghinagar. - Mahatma Aashram, Ahmedabad. - Statue of Unity (Largest Staue in the world)
- Friends, relatives or pets will not be accepted.
- Couples may apply together, but we cannot insure that they will get the same department.
- The exchangee is responsible for the damage or misuse of materials, rooms or any other item that is lent to him during his/her stay and practice. The exchangee will pay any incurred cost.
- Clerkships are cancelled when the department receives claims from the hospital for behavioral and/or professional notices. Lodging and board are not guaranteed after this cancellation.