At the heart of Anatolia, Konya is a love and tolerance city for thousands of years.
All roads of Turkey lead to Konya. It is the hearth of Anatolia. It is possible to reach Konya by plane or high speed train. Konya is waiting for you with easy transportation opportunities.
You can rest assured that you will not be hungry for a 5-course lunch.
Female Student Dormitories
It consists of 1 + 1 and 2 + 1 apartments, with balconies and arranged for 2-3-4-5-6 people.
In each apartment of our guesthouses, kitchens with oven, hob, fridge are offered to our students.
Girls Student Guest House is 50 meters from our university.
Male Student Dormitory
It is 500 meters from our university.
The rooms are arranged for 4 people.
Work area, toilet, bathroom, locker, refrigerator are arranged separately for each room.
Each floor has a working room, a listening room and a kitchen with TV, refrigerator, oven, hob.
In our guesthouses and dormitories, breakfast is served as an open buffet every day of the week.
Unlimited and fast internet is available.
For the needs of our students, there are washing machines, iron, clothes hanger for each room.
The main reason to come to Konya is to visit the Mevlâna Museum, the former lodge of the whirling dervishes and home to the tomb of Celaleddin Rumi (later known as Mevlâna), who we have to thank for giving the world the whirling dervishes. This is one of the biggest pilgrimage centres in Turkey, and the building's fluted dome of turquoise tiles is one of Turkey's most distinctive sights.
It is located on the north flank of Alaeddin Hill downtown; it is understood to have been part of the Seljuk Palace, which once stood on this hill. It is inferred that the construction of the eastern part of the mosque started about the middle of the twelfth century during the reign of Sultan Mesud I but it was completed in the second half of the century during the reign of Sultan Kilij Arslan II; furthermore, the decagonal tomb known as Kümbethane located to the northwest was also built in the reign of Sultan Kilij Arslan II.
Karatay Madrasa was built by Celaleddin (Jalaludin) Karatay, a vizier of Sultan Izzeddin Keykavus, who commissioned an architect by the name of Muhammed bin Hawlan Al-Dimiski. The madrassa was completed in 1251 as a response to the growing educational needs of their capital Konya and as part of the Seljuk's commitment to learning and spreading knowledge. Faced with a site of mediocre size, the architect decided to adopt an enclosed plan with a single iwan. By arranging the whole units of the edifice around the central enclosure, he succeeded in achieving great functionality in this comparatively small space.
INCE MINARELI MADRASAH
Erected in Konya between 1260-65 CE, Ince Minare Madrasa meaning "The College of the Slender Minaret" is one of the most impressive structures produced by the Seljuks using the central plan scheme that was to dominate much of their late architecture and that of their Ottoman successors. This new design approach replaced the centrality of the traditional courtyard with a domed space giving it additional symbolism and mysticism. Ince Minare is also famous for its magnificent portal which displayed a high degree of attention and combines sophisticated design and skilful decoration rarely seen in another Muslim building.
Konya Archaeology Museum was opened in Karma Secondary School in 1901. later it was moved to Mevlâna museum in 1927 was moved to Iplikçi mosque in 1953 finally the present building was constructed in 1962. Works of art belonging to the Neolithic, Early Bronze, Middle Bronze (Asur trade colonies) Iron (Phyrigian, Urartu), Early Hittite, Roman, Greek and Byzantine periods are displayed in the museum. Roman sarcophagus are worth seeing in the archaeology. Altar tombs from the Roman and Byzantine periods are displayed in its courtyard and inside. Embossing excavations which were made by the museum management the findings which is about church floor mosaics belongs to 6th century A.C. in Sille Tatköy and Çumra Alibeyhöyük were removed from there and displayed in the museum.
The building which was built as a region museum for education purposes was opened as ethnographic museum in 1975. there are, at the ground of the three floored building, photographs, archieves, belongings, study research stores. At the ground floor there is a wide display room. This museum exhibits significant local handicrafts, ethnographic pieces which were collected from Konya and its around.
KOYUNOĞLU MUSEUM AND LIBRARY
A.R. İzzet KOYUNOĞLU who is one of the old and well-known families in Konya has established a museum and a library for significant books and historical works which he had collected for years in his house in Topraklık subdistrict. Later he had donated library and museum which he had established to Metropolitan Municipality of Konya. The museum was constructed and formed as the present complex by Metropolitan Municipality of Konya to respond every requirements of modern museum manners. Archeological and ethnographic works are displayed in the museum. The house which belongs to Izzet Koyunuğlu in the courtyard of the museum was restorated and opened to public as a model of the classic houses of Konya. The old and the new civil architecture style are combined in the building. The museum are rather rich in manuscripts and printed works.
The house which is located in Atatürk street was built in 1912. The building which is a sample of 20th century national architectures was presented to Atatürk in 1928 by the people of Konya. It was opened to public as a museum in 1954. Atatürk’s belongings, oficial documents which tell the situation of the people of Konya in the national liberation war and chronological photographs are displayed in the museum.
The library which is located at the west of the Selimiye Mosque was built by Kethuda Yusuf Ağa in 1795. The library has been serving with its unique manuscripts to those researchers who come from all over the world.
Please remember to bring your white coats & stethoscope & handbooks with you and don't forget that 80% attendance is mandatory to get the certificate.