Caxias do Sul is a city in Rio Grande do Sul, Southern Brazil, situated in the state's mountainous Serra Gaúcha region, 760 m (about 2000 feet) above sea level, and, today it is the second largest city in the state of Rio Grande do Sul.
The Universidade de Caxias do Sul, which - in addition to the buildings where the classes take place, has:
- Ambulatory Clinic - Ambulatório Central (AMCE)
- General Hospital - Hospital Geral de Caxias do Sul
- High Complexity Unit in Oncology - UNACON
- Hospital Pompeia (in Caxias do Sul)
- Hospital São Carlos (in Farroupilha)
The host student or family will provide at leats one meal per day, such as lunch or dinner.
The incomings are alocate in students flat houses or family houses, where they share a house and create a family bound. They will have their own bed and will be provided with one bathroom that can be shared or not, and internet acess, on the house or on the college.
Caxias do Sul is served by Hugo Cantergiani Airport, also called Campo dos Bugres Airport. There is also, Salgado Filho Airport, in Porto Alegre, wich is close to Caxias do Sul, about 130 km.
The transportation between this two cities can be by bus. The bus lines, time tables and prices can be found in:
- Porto Alegre to Caxias do Sul: www.rodoviaria-poa.com.br
- Caxias do Sul to Porto Alegre: www.rodoviariacaxias.com.br
The trip usually takes 2 hours, and the prices vary between R$ 33,00 to 44,00.
In the Caxias do Sul, the public transportation, bus lines, are served by Visate, wich time tables and prices (R$ 3,40) can be found in the website www.visate.com.br. Usually it’s easy to find a bus line the the University, they are more frequent during office hours, specially close to the University hours, and it's very likely that they will be crowded.
There is also taxi and Uber services in the city, wich are frequent and found almost eveywhere.
Most of the town's main attractions are related to its architecture, Italian imigration or night life, and of course our beautiful Campus. Don't miss it:
1. Chateau Lacave
2. Caxias do Sul 1885 Replica
3. Museu Ambiência Casa de Pedra
4. Museu Municipal
5. Igreja São Pelegrino
6. Paróquia Santa Teresa
7. Universidade de Caxias do Sul Zoo
8. Cantina Tonet Winery
9. Monumento Nacional ao Imigrante
10. Pavilhões da Festa da Uva
11. Caminhos da Colônia