is a city located in the north of the state of Paraná,South Region, Brazil, and is 369 km away from the capital, Curitiba. Londrina was originally explored by British settlers, and then officially established in 1930 by a small group of Japanese and German settlers. It rapidly became the commercial, political, and cultural centre of the state’s northern pioneer zone.
PUCPR is a Catholic University situated in the south of Brazil, in the city of Curitiba, offering 66 undergraduate courses and 24 graduate courses to its learning community of more than 30 thousand students spread throughout its 5 campuses: Curitiba, São José dos Pinhais, Londrina, Maringá and Toledo.
The Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná, guided by ethical, Christian and Marist principles, has as Mission the development and dissemination of knowledge and culture and the promotion of comprehensive and permanent qualification of citizens and professionals committed to life and to the progress of the society.
Long recognized for its institutional excellence in research, comprehensive academic programs, highly qualified staff and its close relationship with the private and public sectors, PUCPR´s strategic planning for 2022 aims at consolidating its strong position in the Brazilian market and this standing in the international arena
Brazil´s rapid growth and its important impact in world´s economic and political decisions have been strong motivators for PUCPR to place internationalization as a core activity. PUCPR continuous and systematic internationalization endeavors through policies, partnerships and services incorporated into our university´s life are now indicators of great institutional development.
At PUCPR we strongly believe that the combination of our belief in the human potential for development and for social responsibility combined with a strategic plan that has educational excellence, internationalization and growth at its heart makes us a unique destination and partner for our current and future collaborators.
The hospitals of the internship are convenied with the university and the muncipies of Londrina, Cambé, Rolândia, Arapongas and Ibiporã.
POLYMORPHISM ASSOCIATION OF THE GSTM1 AND GSTT1 GENES WITH CHRONIC KIDNEY DESEASE IN ELDERLY
IMPLICATIONS OF THIOPURINE S-METHYL TRANSFERASE GENE POLYMORPHISMS IN CHILDHOOD ACUTE LYMPHOID LEUKEMIA
Our local meal consists in bread and coffee with wilk in the morning, and lunch and dinner with rice, red beans, some kind of meat (beef, eggs, chicken, pork or fish), vegetables and salad. Also, there are lots of italian, german, french and asian culinary references.
The incomings are alocate in students flat house, family houses or republic houses, where students share a house and create a family bound. They will have their own bed and will be provided with one bathroom that can be shared or not, and internet acess, on the house or on the college.
- Airport with daily flights to Curitiba, Sao Paulo, Campinas, and others.
- Good long distance bus connections.
City buses can be a challenge. They are more frequent during office hours, specially close to the University hours, so it's very likely that they will be crowded with students. Any other time, you'll probably wait very long for your bus, as sometimes they can take longer than an hour to come. Transporte Coletivo Grande Londrina (TCGL)'s website (http://www.tcgrandelondrina.com.br/) has bus lines and time tables, though it's not easy to find your way around it, either.
Taxis are frequent and to be found everywhere. However, Londrina's traffic sometimes won't help you, and you'll find red light after red light. Be prepared to pay R$ 15 to R$ 20 for short distances.
Uber is nowadays is one of the favorite means of transportation in Londrina, for it's low cost.
For college: bus 309
For Ambulatory: bus 309
For Main hospital: buslines: 816. 202, 222, 212
- Autódromo Internacional Ayrton Senna - Speedway which hosts several competitions throughout the year, the best known being the stage of the national circuit of Nextel Cup Stock CarBrasil Truck and Formula;
- Estádio do Café - Built in 1976, welcomes the most important football games, with capacity for more than 40 000 people, has hosted the pre-olympic;
- Cine Teatro Ouro Verde - was a cinema and theater located in the downtown area. On the afternoon of February 12, 2012 a major fire destroyed the building;
- Concha Acústica - Variation of modern traditional bandstand;
- Lago Igapó - Beautiful lake that permeates the city;
- Museu de Arte de Londrina - Exhibits various works of art
- Museu Histórico de Londrina - Museum which houses historical records about the colonization of the region;
- Parque Arthur Thomas - Urban Forest, a remnant of Atlantic forest, riddled with walking trails;
- Parque Ecológico Dr. Daisaku Ikeda – conservation unit created in 1999 in the area of Tree Bocas old plant;
Welcome to Londrina