Sumandeep Vidyapeeth stands as a testimony to the grit, determination, enthusiasm , vision and ‘never say die’ attitude of Dr. Mansukh Shah, a dentist and a philanthropist, who dared to dream big and translate it into reality. A man of humble beginnings, with sheer persistence he has converted a patch of barren land into a sprawling, pulsating educational centre. Starting with a small clinic with two dental chairs, the KM Shah Charitable Trust created by him and other benefactors, has slowly metamorphosed into a health care and educational centre which can pride itself as one amongst the best in the country. Having been awarded the status of “Deemed to be University ”for having introduced a unique and innovative Evidence Based Education System , it has meticulously worked for implementing this system in true word and spirit, and in the process has created parameters for other institutions to emulate. Today all it’s constituent colleges: Medical, Dental. Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nursing and MBA-(Health Care) Management, are utilizing this system in the teaching and learning processes, thereby not only creating a paradigm shift in education, but also giving a natural impetus to research activities.
At Sumandeep Vidyapeeth, patient care encompasses the entire spread from community activity to state of the art superspeciality management, and education takes all the hues of traditional to innovative, and conventional to high impact research.
K.M.Shah Dental College and Hospital
Smt. B.k.Shah Medical Institute and Research Centre
Sumandeep Vidyapeeth college of managemant
Sumandeep Vidyapeeth college of physiotherapy
- Biochemical & Pharmacological investigation of some antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic drugs in combination with antioxidants on the levels of adipocytokines in metabolic syndrome.
- Pharmacognostic profile and pharmacological effects of different parts of Moringa olifera plant.
- Multidisciplinary Research Project of screening and detection, profile, follow-up and management including preventive and health education strategy of Sickle Hemoglobinopathy.
- Phyto-pharmacological screening and formulation development of some medicinal mushroom.
- Recombinant Gene Therapy in the preclinical phase for application in treating allergic conditions in collaboration with Century Pharmaceuticals and Hebrew University.
- Novel drug delivery systems for osteoporosis and breast cancer.
- MDR TB a continuous ongoing project to tackle the issue of MDR TB Tobacco and oral cancers early prevention strategies : developed a 2 point questionnaire to screen oral cancers
- New vehicles development to deliver drugs of vegetable origin using nanotechnology.
- Research on Probiotics and its effect on Diarrhea.
- Translational Research in the area of Breast Cancer.
- Gastrointestinal Research in area of Ulcerative Colitis (identify gene associated with UC)
- Metabolic Disorders– esp. Diabetes and identification of precipitating gene for predicting Diabetes. Outcome will be path breaking as will enable prevention of Diabetes by simply life style modification.
- Work on Bariatric Surgery - a new answer to diabetes treatment?
- HIV screening and development of Novel Anti HIV Vaginal Gel in collaboration with Laila Pharmaceuticals, Chennai (under consideration)
- Community Psychiatry Program in collaboration with MINDS foundation, USA is an ongoing program designed to deliver psychiatric services in the community - addressing the issues of awareness, stigma and mental health resource utilization.
- Participation in various Phase II and Phase III studies.
- Developed an Instrument for atraumatic retraction of the gingival tissue for Subgingival Prosthodontic instrumentation
- An equipment designed to cure light cure tray material and indirect composite resin and for adaptation of vacuum tray material.
- A novel tracer design to record centric relation incorporating the drawbacks of traditional Heights tracer design.
State of the art Mess and Food Court spread out in the area of 41900Sq ft in two floors. The facility of canteen can be availed by Teachers, students & Other staff. Canteen is open from 7.00 am to 11.00pm. Snacks & refreshments are available at a very reasonable cost.
University Buses are available regularly on specified routes from city to the university for the staff and students at subsidized rate. Buses are provided Monday through Sunday. Please note that there are separate schedules for weekdays and weekends. The weekend schedule is normally in operation during holidays, unless otherwise stated. Schedules are displayed at the Notice Board and Security Office.
- Friends, relatives or pets will not be accepted.
- Couples may apply together, but we cannot insure that they will get the same department.
- The exchangee is responsible for the damage or misuse of materials, rooms or any other item that is lent to him during his/her stay and practice. The exchangee will pay any incurred cost.
- Clerkships are cancelled when the department receives claims from the hospital for behavioral and/or professional notices. Lodging and board are not guaranteed after this cancellation.