The February 20, 1960, by Resolution of the University Council was created in Barcelona, Anzoátegui Nucleus of the Universidad de Oriente, responding to regional needs of professionals and technicians. This nucleus began his teaching activities on February 12, 1963, with the opening of the races of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
Puerto La Cruz has several ports from which many destinations, attractions and shopping facilities can be reached. Margarita Island can be reached through the transport service operated by the companies Conferry and Great Chieftain Express (which resumed its activities in December 2006). The beaches located on the islands of Mochima National Park may also be reached from Dairy.
In the area of Guaraguao of Puerto La Cruz, there is also a terminal for the export/import of crude oil processed at the refinery in the city.
As Puerto La Cruz does not have its own airport, it uses for air transportation Generál José Antonio Anzoátegui International Airport located in the nearby city of Barcelona.
Large avenues cross the city, from north to south, and from east to west. Among them are:
- Av. Municipal, which is the main avenue of the city, with two main traffic lanes and 2 service lanes in each direction, and was the first to be paved.
- Av. 5 Julio is the most popular avenue for trade; most shops are owned by immigrants of Arab descent.
- Av. Paseo Colon; almost all of this avenue borders the Bay of Pozuelos, which is one of the largest bays in the world. It has a boulevard where the symbol of the city of Puerto La Cruz (the Holy Cross) is situated. In addition here are established known hotels.
- Av. Bolivar, with a number of shops devoted to the sale of automotive spare parts, as well as car dealers. Paseo with Connects Miranda Av. Intercommunal Jorge Rodriguez (formerly Avenida Andres Bello), this avenue helps greatly to land transport.
- Prolongation Paseo Colon, is a branch of Av. Paseo Colon, starts from the sector Espigón The (razil front of the Hotel), passes through the Sector El Paraiso and stay on the Ave. Americo Vespusio Dairy.
- Paseo Colon
- Andres Eloy Blanco Park
- La Toma, San Diego Sector
- The Laguna Natural Maguey
- Club Terminal Guaraguao
- Mochima's National Park
Currently we are NOT receiving incomings in this LC.