- University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn
- University Hospital in Olsztyn
- Provincial Specialistic Hospital in Olsztyn
- City Hospital in Olsztyn
- Polyclinic of the Ministry of Home Affairs and Administration with Warmia and Masuria Oncology Center in Olsztyn
Each room is equiped with the followiing furniture: 2 single beds, 2 wardrobes, 1 desk with a chair, bookshelves, a fridge. There is one kitchen per floor. The laundry room is available for 2 PLN fee.
St. Jacobs Church was built in the 2nd half of the 14th century. It is maintained, as the whole church, in the Gothic style. It is 63 metres high. The side chapels of the church were reconstructed in 1721 by Piotr Olchowski of Reszel. Over the centuries, the church was visited by eminent Poles: Jan Dantyszek, Marcin Kromer and Ignacy Krasicki – all three holding the post of Warmia bishops, and King Wladyslaw IV (in 1635). Feliks Nowowiejski, the composer of ”Rota” and ”Legenda Baltyku”, worked as the organist there in the years 1898-1900. it has been a basilica minor since 2004. Olsztyn Organ Concerts are held there in summer.
Olsztyn castle was built in the Gothic style in the 14th century. In its primary function the castle was the seat of the administrator of the landed property of the Warmia Chapter. The most famous administrator, performing these duties in the years 1516–1521, was Nicholas Copernicus. At present the castle houses the Museum of Warmia and Mazury. The access to the castle, surrounded by a belt of defensive walls and a moat, led through a drawbridge from the Lyna side. A museum was located in the castle rooms in 1921. In 1945, the castle became the seat of the Mazurian Museum, which is called The Museum of Warmia and Mazury today. Apart from exhibition activity, events organized here within the framework of the Olsztyn Artistic Summer (OLA), such as castle nights and „Summers at the Museum” are highly popular. There is a permanent Copernicus exhibition in the castle. There is an astronomical plaque for equinox studies from 1517 on the gallery wall made by Nicholas Copernicus with his own hands.
The High Gate was built in the 14th century. It is the only remaining gate of three which existed in the defensive walls surrounding the town. Large fragments of the walls near St. Jacob’s Church, at Asnyka and Okopowa Streets and near the castle have also been preserved from the mediaeval retrenchment. The gate is situated in the north-east part of the Old Town complex, on the axis of the outlet of the high road. In 1788, the High Road was repaired and adapted for the purposes of an armoury of the dragoon squadron, in 1858 it was rebuilt into a prison, and in 1898 it was turned over to the town police station. The Gate was restored in 2003. The effigy of Our Lady Queen of Peace, presented to Olsztyn by John Paul II was placed in the niche facing the Old Town. This work was made in the glass mosaic technique in one of Rome’s studios. A red bronze effigy of John Paul II, consecrated on the first anniversary of his death, is also placed on the walls of the High Gate.
The Old Town Hall was built in the second half of the 14th century just after Olsztyn received municipal rights. It housed the offices of the town authorities until 1915. The sundials, placed on the outer walls of the building, are an unquestionable tourist attraction. At present, the Old Town Hall building houses the Provincial Public Library.
It is one of the most beautiful lakes in Olsztyn. In the past few years the new sport and recreation complex was opened at the Ukiel lake. It is a perfect place for jogging, sailing as well as many other sport activities, not to mention sunbathing and resting after a long day at the hospital wards. The sport complex situated at the lake helds FIVB Beach Volleyball Warmia and Mazury World Tour. The games are played during summer holidays (last year in July) and usually entrance for preliminary matches is free of charge.