Safed is an ancient city in the north of Israel. Located at an elevation of 900 metres (2,953 ft), Safed is the highest city in the Galillea and in Israel. Since the 16th century, Safed has been considered one of Judaism's 4 holy cities, along with Jerusalem, Hebron and Tiberias ;since that time, the city has remained a center of Kaballah, also known as Jewish mysticism.
Due to its mild climate and scenic views, Safed is a popular holiday resort frequented by Israelis and foreign visitors!
The Medical Faculty of Bar Ilan Uni in Galilea is assocciated with several hospitals throughout the Galilee:
- The Baruch Padeh Medical Center, Poriya, Tiberias
- The Ziv Medical Center, Safed
- The Western Galilee Hospital in Nahariya
- The Nazareth Hospital EMMS (Scottish hospital)
- The Holy Family Hospital, Nazareth (Italian hospital)
- Mazra Mental Health Center
Medical studies are also conducted in the ambulatory medical centers around the Galilee along with epidemiological and clinical research.
Research fields include:
* Cancer Research
* Medical Microbiology and Virology
* Computational Biology (Bioinformatics)
* Developmental Biology
* Cell biology
* Health Care
* Medical Ethics
citadel, sea of galilea, Ahula valley, golan heights etc.