- Nizhny Novgorod, founded in 1221, is located 400 km eastward from Moscow at the confluence of the two rivers: the Volga and the Oka. The city is situated in the latitude of 560N. and in the longitude of 440E. Nizhny Novgorod covers an area of 41,1 thousands hectares. Due to its favourable geographical location and highly developed transport infrastructure, the city has convenient connections with all the Russian regions, CIS and foreign countries.
Nizhny Novgorod is the most economically progressive and reformist city in Russia. It is the administrative center of the Nizhny Novgorod Region – one of the biggest regions located in the European part of Russia. The population of Nizhny Novgorod amounts to 1.3 mln. citizens. At the same time Nizhny Novgorod is the center of the Volga Federal District which integrates 14 subjects of the Russian Federation. The City has 8 administrative districts.
- Nizhny Novgorod is one of the cities accepts FIFA WORLD CUP 2018!
- http://www.nizhgma.ru/studentu/korpusa/glavnoe/panorama/ click on this link for photos of the main building of academy
- Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy is a major center for training medical practitioners in one of the largest regions of the European part of Russia.
- We provide you clinic hospitals where you will be under the direction of NNSMA’s professors and doctors.
- Region Clinic Hospital named after Semashko (http://www.semashko.nnov.ru)
- Volga District Medical Center (http://www.pomc.ru)
- Specialized Cardiovascular Surgery Clinic Hospital
- Hospital #13 (http://bolnica13nn.ru)
- Region Children Clinic Hospital (http://nodkb.ru)
We can not provide boarding, instead of it we give pocket money 4000 rubles for
month, it is enough to have one dinner in a canteen or buy cooked food in the supermarket.
- Exchange students will be accommodated in the dormitory of medical students in the part where foreign students placed (dorms 1, 3, 5 - http://www.nizhgma.ru/studentu/student_city). It is a block of rooms where are sleeping rooms with 2 or 3 beds, so you will have a roommate; hall where may be fridge, table, kettle, microwave oven; bathroom is on the next door. Each student will be provided with pillows, blankets, sheets and other linens, some kitchen stuff.
- Smoking&drinking alcohol in the dormitory is stricly prohibited!
- Dorms might be closed during night.
- Close the dormitory there are one of the biggest park with beautiful view on lower part of city,
supermarkets, post office.
The railway station is the main hub of the Nizhny Novgorod region. A lot of passenger trains to Moscow, Urals, Siberia, Mongolia, Belarus and China go through Nizhny Novgorod. Here you may take any means of public transport to reach different parts of the city. Since 2013 there are high-speed trains to Moscow – “Strizh” and “Lastochka”. The way takes 4 hours now! (http://pass.rzd.ru/timetable/public/en)
International airport Strigino-Nizhny Novgorod (http://www.nnov-airport.ru/eng/index.html) is one of the oldest in the country. Today it serves international and domestic flights.
Nizhny Novgorod funicular is a new transport to cross the Volga from Nizhny Novgorod to the city of Bor. It includes 28 cabins for 8 persons. This way of transportation was opened in February 2012. Nizhny Novgorod funicular is the longest and highest in Europe. It is going to be recorded in the Guinness Book of Records.
2. Nizhny Novgorod trade fair
3. The Chkalov Staircase
4. Rukavishnikov’s Museum
WHAT TO BRING:
2.HepB Antibodies count, anti-HCV test, anti-HIV test
9.Shoes for hospital (high heels, slippers are prohibited)
11.For August – bathing suit & towels and the same for any season if you like swimming.