The university hospital is located in the south of the city.
The medical department belongs to the Otto-von-Guericke Universität. Our campus is located in the southern part of Magdeburg where you can find all the clinics, lecture halls, the medical library and the cafeteria. The faculty was founded in 1954 and is one of the youngest in Germany.
There are currently about 1,000 medical students enrolled in Magdeburg. Research focusses on neurosciences and immunology.
You will find further information on the website: http://www.med.uni-magdeburg.de/en/
Other Hospitals in Magdeburg are:
- Pfeiffersche Stiftungen
- Klinikum Magdeburg (Olvenstedt)
"Establishment of a multiplex and multicolor realtime PCR for examination of the HIF signaling pathway - Experimental Cardiology"
"Impact of chronically reduced levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) on LTP in the hippocampus of an AD mouse model" - Physiology
"Influence of pregnancy hormones on the phenotype and function of immune cell populations during human and murine pregnancy" - Experimental Gynaecology/Obstetrics
- Magdeburger Dom (Cathedral of Magdeburg)
- Grüne Zitadelle / Hundertwasserhaus
- Elbauenpark and Jahrtausendturm
- Kloster unser lieben Frauen
- Magdeburg is about 150 km away from Berlin, the German capital city and Hannover.
- The Harz mountains are only an hour away by train and you may visit the famous Brocken and the Witches Dance Place in Thale. There are many myths around these places that you might discover.
- Potsdam, near Berlin, is one of the most beautiful prussian cities where you may visit the famous castle Sanssouci from Friedrich the Great