Angers enjoys a rich cultural life, made possible by its universities and museums. The old medieval center is still dominated by the massive château of the Plantagenêts, home of the Apocalypse Tapestry, the biggest medieval tapestry ensemble in the world. Angers is also both at the edge of the Val de Loire, a World Heritage Site, and the Loire-Anjou-Touraine regional natural park. Angers is known as one of the best cities to live in France.
- Tramway (ligne A) : best way to go from the city to the university hospital.
- Your feet :D It's very healthy and it's not a big town.
- The Castle. It is free for european's students with your student card
- Lac de Maine. Nice to take a nap in the grass, or to wander, to run... And you can swim when the weather is great ! (in the summer)
- Jardin des plantes
- Exhibition of old cars at the Pignerolle castle (every first Sunday of the month)
- Musée des Beaux Arts (sculptures, paintings...), Musée de la Tapisserie Contemporaine (tapestry),
- Some very nice places downtown (bars, restaurants, or even architecturally speaking, with old beautiful houses and buildings)