Reus is a small city, an hour and a half far from Barcelona. It has a lot of shops, restaurants and discotheques. It’s 15 minutes by bus far from Tarragona (historical roman city) and from the beach.
The University is called Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV), and its web page is: www.urv.cat
The students are divided in two hospitals: Reus Sant Joan Hospital and Tarragona Joan XXIII Hospital.
Sant Joan Hospital is brand new, built just 5 years ago, and it’s equipped with the newest technology and tools in Medicine Practice.
Joan XXIII Hospital is composed by a very familiar and experienced team of professionals.
- Analysis of the effects of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, with and without antral preservation, on gastric physiology and metabolic response: a randomized study
- Genetics and epigenetics of atherosclerosis
We will give you 70€ of Pocket money :)
All the incomings are going to stay in a students residence, in the centre of Reus. It is a new and beautiful building, full equipped:
- Large number of places of accommodation on full board Monday to Sunday.
- Study rooms with conference tables for group work or individual.
- Living room, with large TV
- WIFI Internet access throughout the building.
- Dining room service (shceldules adapted): buffet menus with several dishes to choose from.
- Community kitchen and dining room for the students.
- Elevator to the upper floors.
- Laundry Service
- Air conditioning in public areas and heating throughout the building.
- Attention 24 hours.
1st day: from the airport to Reus
To arrive to Reus from Barcelona’s airport, there are many buses and trains (aprox 1 hour and a half far), but don’t worry because your Contact Person will explain to you exactly how to arrive depending on your flight arrival hour and they will pick you up at the bus or trein station and bring you to the residence.
From the residence to the Hospital
Both incoming groups (the ones who are going to Reus hospital and the ones to Tarragona hospital) will have to take the bus every day. The bus stop is near the residence and the first day incomings will be accompanied to the hospital by their CPs. The bus journey to Reus hospital is 10-15 minutes aprox, and Tarragona’s 30.
You cannot miss: Reus (Tomb de Ravals, Navas House, Prim Square, Mercadal Square, Antoni Gaudi’s house, its excellent shopping and gastronomy...), Tarragona (roman amphitheatre, roman circus, roman aqueduct, Mediterranean Balcony, Basilica Cathedral, the Casino....) and Salou (Port Aventura Park, the beach, the pubs zone...).
You must bring your white coat and your stethoscope (also, if it’s possible, bring your surgery pajama if you are in a Surgery department)