Girona is the capital of the Gironès region and the province of Girona. It is located in the northeast of Catalonia, at the confluence of the Onyar, Guell, Galligants and Ter rivers. The town is 100 km from Barcelona,
The faculty of Medicine of the University of Girona is located 5 minutes walking from the city centre.
The hospitals attached to it and where the practices are done are the Josep Trueta Hospital and Santa Caterina Hospital
-The role of intestinal microflora in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- Study of the vascular supply to the human sural nerve
- Molecular basis underlying Sudden Cardiac Death
All the students will receive 70€ in concept of boarding.
The accommodation is in a university residence called RESA, in the Campus of Montilivi of the UdG. The residence is well communicated with the city centre by bus (lines1 and 2) and it is a mere 5 minutes from the city centre. It offers rooms with an equipped kitchen and private bathroom, in addition of the common areas, facilities and services of the residence hall.
- Large number of places of accommodation on full board Monday to Sunday.
- Study rooms with conference tables for group work or individual.
- Living room, with large TV
- WIFI Internet access throughout the building.
- Dining room service (schedules adapted): buffet menus with several dishes to choose from.
- Community kitchen and dining room for the students.
- Elevator to the upper floors.
- Laundry Service
- Air conditioning in public areas and heating throughout the building.
- Attention 24 hours.
Transport in Girona is accomplished by road, train, buses and plane.
1st day: from the airport to Girona
To arrive to Girona from Barcelona’s or Girona’s airport there are many buses and trains (aprox 1 hour and a half far), but don’t worry because your Contact Person will explain you exactly how to arrive depending on your flight arrival hour. They will pick you up at the bus or train station and bring you to the residence.
From the residence to the Hospital
Once in Girona
- The Cathedral
- The walls
- Les rambles
- The Arabic baths
- Girona it’s near the coast, so we extremely recommend visiting villages in Costa Brava (Cadaqués, Platja d’Aro, Palamós, Calella, Llafranch…)
- Capital city Barcelona (35 minuts far from Girona by train).
- Banyoles Lake (amazing landscapes around there)
- Besalú- a medieval village
- It has beautiful mountain, like “el Bassegoda” (1300m) o Núria (2900metres altitude)
Bring your white coat and your stethoscope. Wear clean shoes.
Girona uses EURO as a currency, like the rest of Spain which is part of the European Union.
The official languages are Catalan and Spanish.