Santo André was founded in 1553, it’s population in 2010 was 568 538 people. The weather in Santo André is sunny and humid in most part of the year, and the temperature varies from 10°C to 35°C degrees. Means of Transportation: train (R$4,00), bus( around R$ 4,20) and taxi cabs are available here, so you can reach all the hospitals where we attend. We have many things to do here: cinemas (in the mall); theaters; international bank agencies; Natural Park: to those who like walking and parks, a good option is the Celso Daniel Park and the Central Park. There you can find track fields, tennis and soccer squares. Thousands of trees, garças (a tipical Brazilian bird) and other birds, five lakes with fishes, walking and bike tracks, a great park for the children, space for aeromodelism and a yellow shell acoustics for shows are the prominence of the park.
Faculdade de Medicina do ABC
Created in 1969, the medicine course of Faculdade de Medicina do ABC – FMABC has five decades and since then it has graduated qualified professionals to deal with a demanding market, offering high quality health to the population through diagnostic and treatment cares, as well as prevention of these. The course of Medicine lasts six years. The first two years are dedicated to the education of basic disciplines. This basic knowledge will be concluded during the third year, when the theoretical medical education becomes properly said. During the fifth and sixth years, through the practical performance in ambulatory hospitals and surgery centers the medical knowledge previously acquired will be improved and solidified. The ABC Institution consists not only in the University but also in some building at the campus and out of it. The central administration and its intermediate agencies are in the central building, with 10 laboratories, 08 conference rooms, and 10 classrooms. There is also an Institute of Morphology, the Surgical Technique and View of the Campus
Experimental Surgery building, The Ambulatory of Specialties and a building of rooms for theoretical lessons. Classrooms for small groups of pupils in the dependences of the Educational Hospital of FMABC also exist. Hospital of Sao Caetano and University-Municipal Hospital of Sao Bernardo do Campo are located nearby. The Mario Covas State Hospital Center is a reference of high quality health care to all the state and even Brazil.
HOSPITALS WE ATTEND
- The Hospital Estadual Mário Covas is maintained by São Paulo State’s Government, was inaugurated in 2003. It offers medical specialties and it is considered reference to many health centers of Brazil. It carries through examinations of high complexity.
- The Pronto Socorro e Hospital Municipal de Santo André is maintained by the City hall, and beyond urgency cases, it takes care of medical specialties.
- Also, the Ambulatório da Faculdade de Medicina do ABC provides medical attendance of lots of specialties. The visits are made by medical residents supervised by professors and are considered reference of good public health service, even so the attendance is requested too much, and visits end up being delayed for some months.
We also work at Hospital Anchieta, in São Bernardo do Campo and Hospital Municipal Universitário de São Bernardo do Campo.
Exchange in extracelular matrix in processes related to carcenogenesis : molecular biology aspects
Genetic aspects envolved in ovarian insuficiance precocious
Evaluation of mutations and/or polimorfisms in genes candidates by NGS in infertile women with or without endometriosis
- Arrival in São Paulo:
Usually the host student picks you up at the airport so don’t worry about that!!! We kindly ask you to send us back your CC as soon as you buy your ticket, to tell us your arrival time. Only in a emergency situation, you should know how to proceed: you arrive at “São Paulo International Airport”, in Guarulhos, there is a bus right in the exit of almost every gate of the airport called “Airport Service”. You should take it (it costs about US$20,00) to Barra Funda or Tiête train and subway station, and then go to Santo André’s train station. Santo André’s bus station is right in front of Santo André’s train station, and there you can take a bus to Fundação ABC (069 / 070 / B63R).
- Arrival in Rio de Janeiro:
From Rio, you can either come here by bus or airplane. Concerning flights, you have to go to São Paulo, arriving either in “Guarulhos International Airport” or “Congonhas National Airport”, and then take a bus to Santo André. Since Rio is very far from Santo André (around 600km), we’d like you to let us know your arrival plans, in order to assist you during your arrival.
- FLYING INFORMATION
- Brazilian Airlines Companies
- Varig (international and national flights)- http://www.varig.com.br
- TAM (international e national flights) - http://www.tam.com.br
- VASP (international and national flights) - http://www.vasp.com.br
- GOL (national flights) - http://www.voegol.com.br
- BRA (national flights) – http://www.voebra.com.br
- International companies with flights to Brazil
- Aeroflot (Russia) – http://www.aeroflot.com
- Aerolíneas Argentinas (Argentina) – http://www.aerolineas.com.ar
- Aeroméxico (Mexico) – http://www.aeromexico.com
- Air France ( France) – http://www.airfrance.com
- Alitalia (Italia) – http://www.alitalia.com
- American Airlines (USA) – http://www.aa.com
- Avianca (Colombia) – http://www.avianca.com.co
- British Airways ( UK) – http://www.britishairways.com
- Canadian Airlines (Canada) – http://www.aircanada.ca
- Continental (USA) – http://www.continetal.com
- Cubana de Aviación (Cuba) – http://www.cubana.cu
- Delta (USA) – http://www.delta.com
- Ibéria (Spain) – http://www.iberia.com
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (the Netherlands) – http://www.klm.com
- Korean Air ( South Korea) – http://www.koreanair.com
- JAL Japan Airlines (Japan) – http://www.jal.co.jp
- Lan Chile (Chile) – http://www.lanchile.com
- Lloyd Aereo Boliviano (Bolivia) – http://www.lobairlines.com
- Lufthansa (Germany) – http://www.lufthansa.com
- Pluna (Uruguay) – http://www.pluna.com.uy
- TACA (Peru) – http://www.grupotaca.com
- TAP Air Portugal (Portugal) – http://www.tap.pt
- SAA (South Africa) – http://www.saa.co.za
- SAS (Denmark, Norway and Sweden) – http://www.sas.com
- Swissair (Switzerland) – http://www.swiss.com
- United Airlines ( * USA) – http://www.ual.com
- Find More Websites that could help you during this time in Brazil
- City of São Paulo: http://www.cidadedesaopaulo.com/sp/en
- State of São Paulo: http://www.saopaulo.sp.gov.br/ingles/saopaulo/turismo/
- Tourism in Brazil: http://www.braziltour.com/site/en/home/index.php
The Village of Paranapiacaba, a charming place for those who likes antique arquitecture, is a city full of typically English constructions, and it was created to be a village of railroad workers. Beyond the exuberant constructions of Amazon wood, it is possible to confer the system of trains of eighteenth century. It is also possible to carry through ecological tourism in Paranapiacaba, through the tracks in preserved Atlantic Jungle ways, that reserve uncommon landscapes to the urban way, as waterfalls, animals in extinguishing and native vegetation. More information will be provided soon through your Welcome incoming package.